1. Swim with the smallest dolphins in the world in
the pictureque Akaroa Harbour (the Hector's Dolphins).
2. Spend a day exploring Waiheke Island - it's beautiful beaches and quiet NZ village life.
3. Visit Milford Sounds, whether it be to hike or cruise by boat - it's magical.
4. Enjoy views from the top of Mount John Obsevatory above Lake Tekapo - the snowy peaks of the Southern Alps and Mount Cook.
5. Book on the Christchurch Bike Tour to see and hear about the city's future plans after the devastating earthquake in February 2010.
6. Visit the Punakaiki Pancake Rocks & Blowholes on the West Coast of the South Island.
7. Tour the vines (whether it be in Central Otago, Marlborough or the Hawkes Bay - there are plenty of options to sample some fine New Zealand wine!)
8. Enjoy a spot of lunch and great New Zealand roasted coffee at Bennetts of Mangawhai (far north).
9. Sandboarding at 90-mile beach (far north). If you are planning to make it all the way to Cape Reinga you will not regret it!
10. Jump from a plane in Taupo, with amazing views of the lake and surrounding mountains.
[ 2 comments ] ( 11 views ) | permalink